Monday, May 12, 2008

To vomit or not to vomit, that is the question?!?!

My chest infection from last week, when I aspirated, hasn't gotten any worse but it hasn't gotten better. I've still got a bad cough and I feel very weak and lethargic. I'm still not able to eat very much, I pretty much feel nauseated all of the time. If anything it's actually worse because the anibiotics cause nausea and make me throw up. Needless to say all of this effects me emotionally as well, I've cried much more this week than usual.
Mother's Day was intesting, but at least the girls had a wonderful day. They baked with Daddy and made the most delicious cinommen buns, I've actually been able to keep a cople of them down. Then our new friend Amber, who volunteers to watch the girls once of twice a week, took them to the wave pool. They had so muc fun and fell asleep very quickly.
My favorite thing to do with the girls is cuddle at night in our bed while we sleep. We do this every night and it makes me feel closer to the girls and them closer to us. Otherwise I don't have the strengh or energy to do much else with them.
For my Mother's Day I get to buy some new clothes that fit better, since I've been losing so much weight. It's not a diet I'd sugget for anyone, not being able to really eat at all. I'm able to consume some water on my own, but I was feeling better when I was on IV fluids, which I did from Thursday evening until Saterday afternoon.
I have a Doctor's apponitment in Vancouver tomorrow, I started cry when I thought about the long drive and how sick I would feel from it. Then an answer to prayer came swooping in, because our Doctor called to inform us that we've been approved for the really good, and expensive, anti-nausea medication. We were able to get it in the injectable form and we can get it today! I'm holding out so much hope for this medication, that I hope I'm not disappointed. It's about $15 a dose and I need at least 2 a day, possibly more if I'm travelling more.
We are also very pleased with the childcare the girls are recieving. We have one part-time girl who started last week, Alysse Olson, she is great. We will have her until Sept, when she gets married and goes back to school full-time, then we'll only have her sometimes.
We are still in need of a Nanny full-time, which Rosslyn and Candace are still working on for us. They need 30 people to commit before we can hire, they only need 8 more people to help out financilly. If you'd like to help us out in this way, please contact rosslyn. Her contact info is on one of the blog enries from two weeks ago.
We have total faith that God is taking care of us and will continue to do so. We feel so much of the burden lifted already, that Chris and I don't feel so much of that stress anymore. We are still very concerned with my health, and we just hope and pray that there isn't something worse going on that we aren't aware of. Through contacts I've been accepted for a full-body MRI for free, that should be happening in the very near future. We don't want to find anything, but if there is something to be found, we'd rather know now than later, so it can be treated.
We continue to feel very loved and cared for, our support system amazes us at times. We know that we have so much to be grateful for.

No comments: