Monday, May 5, 2008

I guess it gets harder before it gets easier...

I've have had incredibly rough week...I don't have the strength to write more than the following: Right now it is late Monday afternoon and my stomach is hurting so much I'm crying, I'm afraid I have bleeding ulcers again, which would mean a hospital visit in the very near future.I'm just getting over a very bad head cold, and symptoms of post-tramatic stress. When the news paper arrived with pictures from the Central Heights concert tragedy, only then I realized how close my mom and I were to distaster. Though I'm so thankful that we have recovered, my heart aches for the 41 year old mother of 3 girls, who is in VGH with a broken back and can't feel her legs.
I'm extra emotional because I'm scheduled to speak tomorrow night at a Church Ladies evening Tea here in Abbotsford, and I really want to be well enought to do it. I've got my friend Lisa singing and Mom there for back up if I fall apart.
I hope to write more soon. Thank-you for your prayers and words of encouragment.
God Bless.

2 comments:

Valley Mom said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers Feather. I really hope you start to feel better very soon. "I would have despaired had I not believed in the goodness of the Lord." Psalm 27:13

Jenn said...

We're praying for you tonight Feather. You are such an amazing woman... I saw you speak at the Cheescake concerts and could tell you weren't well. May God give you all the strength, help, and encouragement you need to make it through this hard time. Thank you for taking the time to blog. My husband Christian and I read regularly and are always praying for you and your family.