Monday, May 12, 2008

The Vicious Cycle continues...

The antibiodics I have to take for my lung infection, make me feel nausiated. I have already been throwing them up. I have to take them 4 times a day. When I take them with food, it's more likely I'll throw them up with the food. If I daon't take them with food, I get really bad heart burn, and stomach aches with nausea, but the antibiodics are more likly to stay down, but it's very painful. Chris just gave me the first injection of the expensive anti-nausea medication called Zofran. We tried to get the antibiotic injectable, but the only way I can get that is if I go to ambilitory daycare at the hostipal twice a day. If my chest infection doesn't clear up or gets worse, that is what we will need to do. I really don't want to go to the hospital if we can handle it at home. Riht now I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle it. Right now I'm writing on my blog to try and forget, or distrat me, from how sick I really feel. I've been sleeping so much and I believe that my exhausion is from the chest infection and the antibiotcs. I find it very frustrating that the medications that I'm taking to make me feel better, often don't work or even make me feel worse.I hope to get a long and rest full sleep tonight, because tomorrow I have to head to the Vancouver Cancer to see my oncologist. Because of my "vertigo", (major motion sickness) disorder I now dread having to travel anywhere, I fear vomitting there and back. Tomorrow will be a real test as to how well the new anti-nausea medication will work. " Here's to good drugs!!" (cheers)

1 comment:

L&D said...

Gosh girl, you've gone through the gamut hey?! Hopefully the nausea will subside soon. I know that nausea is the worst thing....worst than pain even. Praying you'll recover soon.