Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Written by Rosslyn:

Dear Friends of a Feather Blog Readers:

Hello. My name is Rosslyn. I am Feather's mentor and have been for the last????well you'd have to ask my darling Feather because she has a memory for dates like a computer....in any case, for many years.

I would like to thank you for your kindess and support of Feather. For manyof you, Feather is a woman from a blog site. For others she is a close friend. And for others, she is someone that you know peripherally but have not come to know yet as a friend. Feather is a unique individual as her name implies. She is fun and creative, energetic and at times a little outrageous:) She is tender hearted and sensitive yet at other times adventurous and unpredicatable:) And I love every aspect of her.

I know that she is a treasure; a rare find. She is a dear young woman who has a love for her family and for her creator. There is an innocence about Feather that is endearing and hence there are many people who love her who have yet to meet her.

Feather is a pure heart. That is not to say that she is pure or that she does not make mistakes. But rather, she has a trust in others goodness and is willing to hold on to it in the hopes that those who come within her realm of influence will come to know a better way. This grace and child like faith is extended not only to her fellow man but most clearly evidenced in her love for her creator. God is Feathers center of the universe and I believe she is a delight to His heart:)

I would like to thank those readers who have expressed a desire to contribute for the Friends for Feather Fundraiser. I must clarify that it was I not Feather who thought of extending this fundraiser to her blog. Last night Feather told me that some of the readers were offended by this fundraiser and its focus on finding a nanny for Feather. For those readers who were offended............Please forgive me if I have offended you. That was not my intent. My friend (Candace and I) are doing the Friends for Feather Fundraiser because we feel it is the right thing to do. When Feather is on her feet in this regard, we will turn our focus to others in need because...........again it is the right thing to do. In life you often get back what you give. Possibly one day we will be able to help you when you find yourself in need. I would consider it an honour to serve you in this way.

As this is a one time entry into Feather's blog, I suggest that we find it in our hearts to offer and receive the gift of forgiveness in all aspects of our lives. It is a key offered to all and when used with courage and humility unlocks a freedom that goes beyond words.

For all of Feathers readers, I offer a blessing and a hope to you and your family as you step forward to live a life that is honouring and pleasing to others and to He who knows all things!




Warmly,

Rosslyn

3 comments:

Flo said...

Wonderfully said and conveyed. Thank you Rosslyn. Feather is truly a blessing and a gift to so many. Thank you to those who encourage and uplift Feather, Chris and the girls on this blog. Holding you up in prayer Feather and so thankful that you have such a wonderful mentor in your life.

barefootmommy said...

Hi Feather! I was just wondering if you could post some details as to what you are looking for in a nanny (hours of work, live-in or live-out, etc, salary, etc.) cause I may have someone that might be interested (my sister!). I have yet to ask her, but I know she's been looking for new opportunities. Also, how do we donate to the "nanny fundraiser"? Thanks! -Simone Anderson

Kerry said...

I don't know Feather that well, we briefly met years ago at church but I have been reading her blog and have felt so encouraged by her; her spirit, her optimism, her faith in God....and I think it's great that she has such wonderful friends like you that help her. What a blessing! We'll keep you in our prayers as well. :)