Friday, April 25, 2008

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!

My MOm and I just witnessed about an hour or so ago the worst tragedy we've ever seen in our lives. We were at a Christan music concert in Abbotford, watching our good friends perform, when the floor in front of the stage, folded in...it was like watching slow motion as we watched the four full rows of people fall, as the floor fell a couple storey's into the basement. AS the floor gave way all the speakers and lighting rigs came crashing down into the hole of people, I would guess a 100 people fell in, mostly teenagers who were up at the front.The huge speaker set came falling eowards MOm and I , we jumped bACK as the pew in front of us hit us and slide down. We were left slipping on carpet with no support below it. Mom's purse and my jacket fell down the hole as I held MOm and a man pulled me out holding her. There was shock and trauma everywere. I don't know how people wouldn't have died from this. The injuries are severe, there were more emergency vehicles than I've ever seen in my life. PLease pray that no one has died or will die from their injuries, Pray for the parent's who know their children were there but can't find them, pray for the parent's who've been called because their children or loved ones went down. Pray for the rows of families that fell all together. Pray for the bands and organizers who just witnessed their worst nightmare. I pray God brings healing. THankyou Lord that Mom didn't fall as we were celebrating her birthday.THank-you Lord for those that are safe. I know many poeple will be emotionally traumatized as well, pray for them.
Mom and I are very shaken up. Chris's best friend and other friends were singing, and they are traumatized as they tried to help in the rescue. May the GLory and peace of God shine down on this crowd, the church and the community.

3 comments:

Barb Stingl said...

What concert was this? Who was playing? This is awful!! I will be praying!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness Feather! Thank you for posting this and giving so much detail. I saw you wrote something on Facebook but I didn't know what it meant...now I see on the news what happened and from your blog. What a tragedy, I'm so glad you and your mom are safe!

Jewelz said...

Luckily it looks like broken arms and gashes to the head were the worst of the damages... (The article is already front page on the Province site) Ambulances responded from across the province!!

As I said in my email, I am so happy that you, chris and your mom are alright and that no harm came to anyone close to you. My thoughts are with those who went through the tortureous torment of trying to locate friends/family in the wreckage and I am so relieved to hear that it appears everyone will be ok.