Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grab a tissue!

* An old friend shared these lyrics with me. She wrote them a few years ago in response to a story she saw on Oprah. I remembered the story of a young mom terminal with breast cancer, leaving recorded messages for her little daughter to one day watch. The story broke my heart then even before I was a mom myself and encountered the disease again. I thought of this story, inspired by that mom's life and her courage in facing her death. I'd though if my circumstances became similar to hers, that I would want to do something similar for my girls. I've held out hope and have contiued to hold out hope that I won't ever have to. It is my plan, purpose, intention and hope to be able to say all of those messages directly to my girls, in front of them while holding their hands and guiding their lives here.
IT breaks my heart that many young mom's are faced with this reality. It has lingered as a fear for me, but is not my reality. But I'm sure you'll feel the impact of these lyrics, as for me they were so close to my heart, it ached.


To Where I Am
---------------------

vs/
hello angel
happy birthday
my precious baby girl
so, how's it feeling
to be sixteen?
are you ready for the world?
oh, i wonder what new wonders
the world will have seen
by the time you load this tape
in our old vhs machine

right now i'm watching you watch me
hope you can feel my touch
my arms are wrapped around you
and i'm just loving you so much
and baby..

ch/
may your troubles
make you struggle
just enough
to always keep you strong
a child of God
on loan from heaven
may you never feel
that you belong.....to this world
and when the pain of missing me
is more than you can stand
may it keep you on the road
to where i am

vs/
if i know your daddy
he gave you
my wedding rings today
and asked you to keep yourself
for no-one else
til he gives you away
he knows that you've
so much to lose
and everything to gain
just know- no matter
what you choose
he'll love you just the same

every day that i'm in Heaven
he's been thru a night of hell
so if and when he loves again
i pray you'll wish him well
oh, i'd love to tell him

ch/
may you never
think there ever
was any other
you were the BEST thing in my life
that handsome man
who took my hand
and made me a mother
i was so blessed to be your wife....all those years
may you find some peace in knowing
there's a greater plan
and may it keep on the road
to where i am

ch/
take the time
i didn't have
and make it matter
help somebody find The Way
keep pressing on
toward the dawn
straight ahead
and every time you stray...keep looking up!!
remember the story
about Footprints in the sand
and let them lead you up this road
just get here ANY way you can!!!!
may God bless you both
and keep you on the road
.....to where i am xooxxoxooxox

Written by:
Lori-Anne (Siemens) Hlookoff

Thank-you Lori for sharing this song with us!!

God Bless, I feel blessed.

No comments: