Monday, September 22, 2008

Settling Down

I'm recovering from my portacath removal surgery, which was last Friday, 3 days ago. It's sore, but not to bad,I'm looking forward to my nap as soon as a I finish writing this. Chris is home and has had two sleeps in his own bed, best sleeps ever:)
The girls are calmer now that Daddy is home, to tuck them in and cuddle with at night. Denise is settled into her own home with Louie her cat. Carrie, Lizzy's grown daughter, is now settled into out suite downstairs with her hedgehog "Angel" it's an albino and very interesting looking. She's going to school fulltime and is looking for part-time work.
We look forward to settling into a settled and rountine lifestyle soon, if at all possible?!? Wishful thinking perhaps, since Chris's work weeks are never the same, but we can always try to find calm the best we can in the midst of the chaos, called our lives:)
Serenity...while still living.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So thrilled to hear that the portacath is gone - the last remnant of the chemotherapy.

Take some time to be gentle to yourself. You're body has been through a very tough period, and it takes time to build back your strength. It's hard - I know! You feel better and want to do everything you haven't been able to. I not a very good person to be giving advice, as I never follow it myself. But, I know how wiped out I feel after a long busy day. It's actually quite wonderful to have sore muscles from working, gardening, or playing with my son, instead of feeling crappy from drugs.
I say my prayers daily for you, Chris, and the girls.