Monday, September 1, 2008

Crazy-Sexy Cancer

Crazy-Sexy Cancer

My Mom gave me the Book, “Crazy-Sexy Cancer” and I’ve been collecting some great quotes from this book that I’d like to share with you. This book is a great hand book and inspirational story for any young woman going through cancer ages 20-60:)

“Survivors are like teabags: You don’t know how strong we are until you dip us in Hot water!”

“By letting go it all gets done.” – Lao-Tzu, Taoist Sage
( My spin on this quote is this: “ Give everything over to God; now it’s His problem and His plan is always greater than my own.”- Feather Janz)

Billboard quote, featuring the “yummy” David Beckham, “IMPOSSIBLE is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given, than to explore the power they to change it. Impossible is an opinion, not a fact. Impossible isn’t a declaration, it’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
(My version of this quote is, “Nothing is impossible with God.”

Remove these words from your daily speech: maybe, sure, I don’t know, (and this is the best one) you decided.
Re-find your inner voice and verbalize it!

Faux Pas!

Dear friends: Don’t pity me or tell me you know how I feel; you don’t and I don’t expect you to!

Don’t say things like:
- You’re so brave!
- You poor thing.
- Bless your tender heart.
- I’ll pray for you ( and then you don’t, best bet is to pray for the person right then and there)
- Bless your tender heart.
- Whoa!! You’re F%@#*^#@%!!
What is someone suppose to say to those things in my position, Thank-you? Don’t worry? Are YOU okay? Give me a break!!!

Dear friends and acquaintances and family,
Don’t try to bond with me by telling me you know someone with cancer, too, and tey just died! It won’t bring us close.
(Also please don’t tell me about people who survived because they did this one miracle thing, when they don’t even have the cancer I have and you leave me feeling if I don’t do the one life saving thing they did, I’ll die for sure!! Keep it to yourself, especially if you smoke cigarettes!)

Quotes, “You are either a part of the solution or a part of the problem.”

“ The question isn’t who is going to let me;it’s who is going to stop me.”
- Ayn Rand

“While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die-whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our uniqueness.” – Gilda Radner

“ You can decide you’re going to learn something, but you don’t get to decide what.”

“There was a saying during WW!: “There are no atheists in foxholes.”
Cancer is a foxhole for most who get to have it.

People ask me if I live every moment and day like it could be my last, “Live like youa re dying.”; I suppose I do in someways, but it’s easier said than done, I still scream at idiot drivers and pout when my husband won’t share the remote.”

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne

Playing the cancer card….I’ll write a whole part just dedicated to that topic!!

No comments: