Monday, June 11, 2007

Announcement...

In the category of "My life is a soap opera" Feather Janz has won acting honours for her realistic performances in, " The Bald and the Beautiful" and "The Young and the Breastless". Stay tuned for award winning and undeniable true to life portrayals of her own character. She wanted to be an actress since early childhood, though this isn't the role that she though would bring her the most acclaim. But since the role has served her well in the past and brought her to where she is today, she states that the script of her life is one worth reading and that she fully intends for you to see much, much more of her for many years to come! (JUST having some fun!!)

Seriously though, I am all of the above in one way or another....I'm Young, Bald, Beautiful and well..breastless. May I stress the Young and Beautiful part again, though I may be in denial, the reality is that I am also Bald and breastless. As of today my hair started coming out in handfuls, and before I could get it all over the house, my husband took me out side with the girls and shaved my head. Carmelle took a few hands fulls out to, she thought it was a fun game. I wanted her to understand why we were shaving it off. When it was all done, she said with the sweetest grin, "I still love you, Mommy!" Daddy said, "Mommy is still beautiful, isn't she?", "Yes, she is!!" Was Carmelle's response. Thankfully my good friend Rosslyn came by just in time to video and photograph the whole endeavor. So there it is, my seemingly attractive scalp, (or so I'm told) though I doubt someone would tell me I have an ugly bald head at this point. Telling me that bald isn't a good look for me, might get you removed from the, "Possible dinner guest" list.
I'm working it, though "G.I. Feather" doesn't have much of a ring to it, I am getting very comfortable in my camouflage digs.
I've got a collection of scarves and hats built up as well as two wigs, though I'm going to make a real effort to connect with my cue ball look, as it is the real look of my current circumstances. It is who I am right now, or at least a big part of it. I am what a breast cancer patient looks like. I can't deny to anyone around me that this is who I am and what is going on in my life.
I'm fighting for my life, and now I look the part. I intend to put in an award winning performance from beginning to end. Thanks for your votes, I need all I can get, and it is my goal to have everyone remembering my performance for many years to come. And if you'd like to offer a standing "O" please be my guest. I see you, I hear you, I can feel you urging me forward, onward to victory! I have a battle that needs to be won, and I'm approaching it head on!

From the set of my reality show,
Good-day,

Feather

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a great sense of humor. go girl and keep up the fight. You are the best fighter I know.

Love jo

Flo said...

Praying for you Feather and family. What an inspiration you are in your positive attitude as you take this day-by-day. You are an amazing example to your girls. They couldn't ask for a better role model.

Flo and Bruce

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

If there was anyone that I thought could pull off the bald look... It would be you! Bald + Beautiful= Feather!!

I would love to see a picture!

I love you and miss you. My heart goes out to you. My family and church are praying for you.

Please remember I'm up in August!

Blessings!
Jules

The Wagners said...

I prefer "Sargeant Feather" or "Commander Feather" or "Sargeant Commander Feather".
You should get all dressed up in your gear and watch 'Private Benjamin' or that movie with the girl scouts from beverly hills...the title is escaping me at the moment.
It was good to see you last night.
Much Love - Amanda

Coco said...

Feather, you are a beautful, encouraging, AMAZING woman. My friend, how I admire you. During these difficult days it amazes me how you retain your sense of humour and incredible zest for life. You are in my heart and in my prayers.

Love, Corina