Saturday, June 16, 2007

Contentment and Peace...

IF someone had told me in my very early 20's that I would have found contentment and peace with my body image the way I am now, I would have told them they were crazy!I can honestly say that my body image and self-confidence has not altered. When I see my self in the mirror I am sometimes surprised by my reflection. I remember a "Precious Moments" poster I had on my wall as a teenager that said, "In the mirror of His love I look at my reflection, I accept myself for who I am with all my imperfections." I never would have imagined that I could not only accept myself at 180 lbs, no breasts, no hair and with many scars, but that I could love and Respect myself for the woman that I am today. I thank God for that gift of Self-acceptance.
I hope and pray that God gives you this gift as well, no matter where you are at with your body image and self-confidence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feather, you truly are beautiful from the inside out. :)

Anita said...

Hi Feather, my name is Anita. We have never met, but we go to Northview. I just wanted to write you a note to let you know God has placed a special place in my heart for you and your family. You are all in my prayers. May God bless you and keep you and give you His strength. In Christ