Monday, June 25, 2007

More than imagined.

Last night's event, "Friend's for Feather" was more than I could have imagined, and I thought I had a pretty good imagination. :) The first thing I noticed was the beautiful decorations, pink and black floor to ceiling banners with pink & white hanging crystals, white lights and a pink rose corsage for me to wear. So many faces of so many I know, to share in making the evening such a success! A wall lined with amazing donated items for the Silent Auction, all beautifully displayed and arranged. A gorgeous painting that stood out from the rest, from an amazing artist. (A stepping path along a gorgeous beach, stepping off into the distance on the most beautiful of days, one much like this day.) The details were overwhelming I could hardly take it all in, I had to taking deep breaths and pull myself together through the entire evening. I didn't want to miss anything due to a veil of tears. AND the food table, WOW!! I wish I had a bigger appetite, though I did sample many items and then had to stop due to heart burn:) I ended the evening snacking on Rolaids:) The chemo causes very severe heartburn, which has become one of the worst side effects for me at this point. The amount of people who helped out with the night was amazing, thank-you Ladies, my friends, for all you've done to make us feel loved and supported! I need to especially thank Rosslyn who birthed the idea and ultimately made it happen, with a "gaggle" of woman to help her. (I'm not implying you are geese I'm just keeping with the "birds" theme!!:)

And to Corina (who I think I referred to by her maiden name last night, I'm such an idiot!!! She's been married longer than me (Which is 9 Years tomorrow by the way, Chris and I are going out tonight to celebrate:) Sorry Corina! Love ya). She's been the one to make sure we've had meals brought to our door for 6 nights after each chemo and for the 2+ weeks after my mastectomy. She also came up with the idea to do T-shirts, with "Birds of a Feather fighting together" written across the chest and has made it happen. The T-shirts were on sale by pre-order last night (if you are interested I could email you the design, they are $20 each). The shirts will also be available at ABC restaurant in Abbotsford in about 2 weeks, you could get yours there. Corina has done so much for me that her young son recently asked her, "Mommy, do you work for Feather?" Needless to say she's doing so much. Thank-you my Friend!!

Thank-you to all of our Friends who gave so generously, the evening was already a success before we counted the numbers. The total amount raised for our family was just over $5,600 (!!!) and another $455 for the Run for the Cure. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you all!!! I was thankful for the great music by Stephanie Reddicopp, Blue Rain ( Todd Wickens and Nat Bosch)Darcy Deutch, Emilie Harder, Johnny Markin and of course Chris Janz!! To Justyn Rees for emceeing and sharing and hitting the nail on the head as always. :) TO Lizzy for making me feel like a carefree little girl again as she shared so eloquently. And to everyone for laughing as hard as they did at all of my jokes :) I was honoured to have Past-Mayor of Abbotsford Mary Reeves speak and also Ed Fast, our Local MP give a tribute. Thank-you for your time and your kind words :) I could go on and on, and perhaps I will more later but for now I must go and make my children breakfast! God Bless!

1 comment:

Coco said...

Feather, last night was truly amazing! Your talk was wonderfully witty and I loved all your new hats...and hair! :) You shine, my friend, you really shine. Bless you today in all that you do. I'm glad I could share in your special evening last night. It was outstanding!