Friday, July 20, 2007

Don't wake me up!

I have a prayer request...I'm having trouble sleeping at night. Both falling asleep and then waking in the night and not being able to fall asleep again. Sometimes it has to do with pain and discomfort but mostly it's because I can't shut off my mind. My mind races with everything you can imagine. It's hard when I've tried everythig I can think of and I end up turning to sleep aids. I don't want to take more drugs, my body has plenty of drugs in it as it is. I've tried some herbal sleep remedies and so far no luck. If anyone has any ideas, let me know, that would help. I'm up now at 6:30 am and not by choice, I've been awake for an hour and half already so I thought I'd make myself busy doing something. Now that the sun is up and it's day, I shouldn't have much trouble sleeping now. It's the night time that eludes me. I've always been a big sleeper, 9-10 hours a night, and now more than ever I need my beauty sleep and the 4 and half hours I just got, isn't going to cut it. I need what little energy I can muster up for my family during the day. I'm off to my bed, wish me luck, I pray that big huge Z's are in my very near future!

2 comments:

The Wagners said...

Try taking a warm bath and having Chris give you a foot massage (Up to the knee is best...or...whatever).
Warm baths are always nice before bed and Foot massages are actually supposed to calm your mind and they just plain feel nice! They also help with headaches sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your sleep issues. About a month ago I started taking 'Evening Primrose Oil' capsules. 2 in the morning & 2 before bed. They have actually helped calm my mind so I can fall asleep and stay sleeping.
If you have not given this herbal remedy a try, it might be worth it.

Kori