Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Well I'll be!!!

I've just finished reading the auto-biography of Dr. Marla Shapiro, Dr. Marla from CTV's show Balance and from Canada AM. She wrote of her journey througbh breast cancer. The highlight of the book for me was reading about her life mentor and elementary school teacher Gwen. She wrote of Gwen giving her a book that she's helped to co-write with 12 other authors. One of whom is me!! The book is called "You are not Alone", it was published 3 years ago out of Montreal. First in French and then in English, Chris and I were invited to the book launch in Montreal in 2004 I was asked to speak and he sang. It was there that I met Gwen and had her sign my book. It was a neat full circle moment for me to read about my book in Dr. Marla's book, I felt a "small world" connection to her. The book has 13 chapters all written by women who have experienced cancer. My chapter is one of the 13. The book is available through Chapters/Indigo book stores. If you by it I can sign it for you:) The book will need to be updated with my new story of my new journey. I'm also working on updating my website, we hope to have that done in the next week or so: www.featherjanz.com
Over all I'm feeling fairly well. My energy level is low, which does get frustrating for me, I'm use to having so much energy. I wish I had the energy to work out and feel in better shape. I've also been having restless nights, I suppose I'll make up for the lost sleep next week when I'm sleeping 20 hours a day after chemo. My next chemo treatment is this friday. I feel like I just had one and now it's less than three days away.
I'm planning a ladies get together at my place on Monday July 16th, at 6:30. Come and bring a friend, but only if you are not sick. It'll be time to visit (so I can feel like I have asocial life) it'll give me something to look forward to after a week of chemo abd I'll be introducing you to fabulous Arbonne products. So come over for snacks and fun! Hope to see you here: 32744 Nanaimo Close Chris is performing this Friday night for the Abbotsford Berry Festival. Friday July 6th at 7:30pm in Downtown Abbotsford. We'd love to see you there, I have chemo that day but I hope to make it still. Chris will be shaving his head for Breast Cancer ( to show support for me:) and he'll be donating $5 from the sale of each of his cd's sold that night, to the Run for the Cure ( my fundraising efforts). So come and hear some great music, he'll have his full band, and buy his cd! He'll also have his T-shirts, hats and buttons for sale.
Thanks for your continued support!
Bring your friends and tell some more!

See you soon,

Feather Janz

No comments: