Thursday, July 19, 2007

In Loving Memory

A tribute to Lydia Janz by her Grand-daughter in-law:

Early this morning, Chris’s Grandma (and my Grandma for the past ten years) went to be with the Lord and her loving, awaiting husband Leo. Lydia Janz slipped away peacefully with her son Paul, Chris’s Dad, present. My in-law’s arrived, from England, in a timely fashion last night and Paul got to be with his Mother through the night and by her side till the end. Her daughter, Phyllis, had also been able to arrive from California a couple days before. Grandma was able to look into the eyes of her children and sense their loving presence. What a gift for everyone to know that Lydia received a passing that was in the midst of God’s guiding and caring hand and on her terms; as it seems as though she waited to say good-bye, and then took her last breath when she was ready. She verbalized to all of us for quite sometime that she was ready to go to Glory and to see the place God had prepared for her. I’m sure her home coming today was everything and more than she had dreamt. She lived a life of love and service, to her husband, family,friends, those around her and to the world wide community through the Ministry of Janz Team Ministries.
As my four year old daughter Carmelle said today, “Great-Grandma has a new body now and she is dancing. She is dancing like a ballerina.” I can see it, as Lydia was not able to walk for the past few years, and I’m sure she wouldn’t just walk when she could dance!
I reflect myself this day, on Lydia’s life and passing and I feel myself emotionally long for what she has had. It is my strong desire, the longing of my soul, (my plan actually), to also get to be 86 and to take my last breath with loving family by my side and on my terms.
Great-Grandma Lydia Janz will be missed by so many. Her witty sense of humour, her honest approach to daily living, her unwaivering faith and her love for those around her will be cherished always. Her life legacy has reached the hundreds of thousands if not millions,(through her daily life and the work of Janz Team Ministries) Hers has been a life well lived. She has been an example to us all and she will keep a special place in our hearts always. We love you Grandma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers, thoughts and love go out to you all at this time.
Imagine the singing and celebrations that are taking place with our Saviour and all our family members who are waiting for us.

Murray and Karen Janz