Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The good with the bad!

I recently had someone question my decision to receive chemo therapy. They felt that anything that kills healthy cells with the cancer cells, isn't good. I feel that like most things in life, you take the good with the bad. I also feel that I'm committed to the decision that I've made, I don't have room for doubt. I have faith that I'm doing the right thing, and I'm committed to the process that I've started. And I fully intend to see it through to the end. I don't feel that it's healthy for me to not trust what I'm doing is in my over all best interest. I view the chemo as being my fighting power, in liquid form. I feel that my job is to surrender to the process, especially during that first week, and to let the chemo win the battle. Each and every day I do what I can to fight this cancer and I fully intend to win!
I have no doubt!

3 comments:

Tania said...

At work today (yeah I actually had a shift!) I x-rayed a young man who'd been in an accident. We chatted as I worked and by the end of our conversation he said, "You know, after I get out of here I'm really going to get my act together". I thought that in your case you've ALREADY got your act together despite the trauma you're going through. Even better, you're experience is going to be the wake-up call that somebody else will desperately need and God will be given all the glory! Stay positive and focussed- you've already gained the ultimate prize:) Love ya! Tan

RD said...

Hey Feather, it's been ages since our CBC days in the 'white house.' I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you and praying for you. I think that you are an increadibly courageous woman and I know that you will come through this with all of the grace and class that you've always had!
Robin Dirks

The Wagners said...

Rawr... :) You go girl!