Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Freak Accident?!?!

The question is…were we at the wrong place at the wrong time or the right place at the right time? Though my first instinct was the previous, I realized it was in fact the later…as the large truck tire flew down the road at our van. This occurred last Friday morning, as my good friend Caroline and I were headed to the cancer clinic for my appointments. We’d just spent a fun girl’s night in the city and the last thing we’d expected to encounter was a flying tire at our van. Unfortunately for Caroline we’d decided to take her van to the city instead of mine thankfully the tire didn’t hit my passenger window, or the windshield, better yet we were grateful that the tire hit the front passenger side of Caroline’s van instead of all of the pedestrians that were crossing the street at the time. We realized fairly quickly how tragic that could have turned out and we were so glad we didn’t witness that. Though the initial impact was shocking and very unsettling, we knew we were fine right away. The young man who lost his tire while driving, was shaken and worried about us. I think the driver of the truck was relieved that the damage wasn’t greater. His vehicle suffered the worst damage, as it turned out, he’d gotten new tires put on at a shop the day before and they forgot to tighten the lug nuts. So for all those pedestrians crossing Oak and 12th at that moment, we were at the right place at the right time.
Thanks for coming to Vancouver with me Caroline, sorry your van got squished Other than that, it was a lot of fun!

No comments: