Sunday, July 8, 2007

Is this my Chrysalis?

Late last week my dear Carmelle, just 4 years old, started screaming out for help from the living room, “It’s too tight, the cocoon I made is to tight, get me out! She was wrapped up in a blanket on the floor, flailing around, I assured her I would get her out as she continued to shout out, “I was just pretending to be a caterpillar and I wanted a chrysalis so I could become a butterfly!!!” She’s crying and kicking as I continue to try and unravel her, she got herself in there very well. Once she was released and in my arms, she sobbed, “I just wanted to pretend I was a beautiful butterfly, and my cocoon was to tight.” I was just so imprested that she knew and understood the process of chrysalis, that I found it hard to get the big grin off my face. As I consoled her, it occurred to me that I could relate to my young daughter with my own life experience.
Is this experience with breast cancer my chrysalis, is this my time for transformation?!?! Will I come through this with “new wings”, beautiful color and a new high flying view?!? I believe so. I can feel it already taking place. And I don’t think a “moth” is in my future, but rather a “Butterfly”, with wide spanning wings, (6 legs) more movement, a high flying perspective on all of life and floating grace. I can feel it already, even as I lay in my bed now, recovery from my 3rd Chemo treatment.

A quote from Dr. Marla Shapiro: “This is a journey that should never be taken alone. When we are confronted with such a journey, we must draw strength from each other. Courage finds you and, in turn, you find courage.”

I love that I can find courage, comfort, strength, insight and love from even my young children, What a blessing!

May you find blessing and strength from someone around you today!

God Bless.
Feather

No comments: