Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No need for Hairspray now!

I went to see the movie Hairspray (reviews) tonight and I found it a little ironic that now is the only time in my life that I don't need hairspray! I also found it interesting, as the movie caused me to reflect on my own life, that I've in my own way resembled both of the lead female characters. At one time I was a beauty queen who won, second runner up and second for swim suit and then 15 years later was a 100lbs more after having my two girls. Now more than ever I really stand out in the crowd, more than ever as the bald lady. I stand out for being different now, or as I'd rather like to say, "as anything but normal." Just the way I like it, I suppose, being normal would not suit me in the least. Now I'm going to use the hairspray, I have left, for something use full; to spray my roses before I hang them up to dry and on the bottom of my feet, so they don't slip in my heeled sandels.( I learnt this trick while watching Oprah today!)
I'm off to Vancouver with my husband tomorrow for a night in city before my chemo treatment on Friday. You won't hear from me for a few days now. This is my fourth chemo treatment, adn when this one is done, I'm half done all my chemo treatments, 8 in total. Somewhat of a milestone I suppose, 13 months to go.
I'll fall asleep singing in my mind, "You can't stop the beat!!" a lyric from the movie Hairspray. Nothing can stop me either!!

No comments: