Thursday, August 2, 2007

Same old, Same old

I haven’t written in a week and I suppose it’s because I haven’t felt particularly inspired to write anything, and I just haven’t had much creative energy. I feel kind of blah… the biggest milestone I have to celebrate is being half way through chemo, which I suppose is good, but it doesn’t shine out since the hardest part of my chemo is still ahead of me. These last four have taken 1 and a half hours each, the next hour take at least 7 and a half hours each and the first one is over two days. Once Chemo is over I don’t have much to look forward to then either, as that marks the beginining of radiation; 28 days of being burnt to the point of not being able to put my right arm down, that results in life long scarring.(Hopefully I’ll get lots of Christmas presents to open so I don’t have to rest my arm down at all!)
This chemo hasn’t been any worse or better than the others, IT IS WHAT IT IS. I find myself saying this statement a lot lately, “It is what it is”.
Highlights from the last week: Enjoying an evening in Vancouver with Chris before my chemo and going to see “Transformers” with Colin and Chris. “More than means the eye.” (Kind of a theme phrase for my life
-Getting to have lunch at the Fairmont at YVR with my in-laws before they flew back to London.
-Enjoying how my husband looks with his hair growing back in, he looks like a Cockney-chap!
- Seeing Benjamin Bratt (Law and Order/ Miss Congeniality) very handsome in person (but not as hot as my “cockney-chap”)
- Managing to grow my finger nails, I got some great nail products as a gift “Opi” and it’s detoured me from biting them, (longest I’ve gone with out fake nails in about 14 years)
- Thanks to my 4 year old for making me laugh right out loud when she proclaimed, “Mommy, you don’t have any balls!!” She was referring to some game she was playing, I just thought, Thank goodness I don’t have any balls, if I had no breasts but I did have balls, then I’d have a real problem!!

2 comments:

onedayatatime said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are loved and that you are ALWAYS in my prayers.
www.cancerhasitsprivileges.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Feather doll, I am thinking of you and sending all kinds of happy thoughts your way. Big hug. Sandra