Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm thankful to be here.

I’m sitting in my chemo treatment, a four hour session, and I thought to would be a good use of my time to write for my blog. Chris and I just finished watching “The Last King of Scotland” on our lap-top. As I watched the medical conditions depicted in the movie I felt moved; grateful that I get to be here. I am thankful for the level of medical treatment and attention I am receiving. I thank God that I am here, and wonder…that I should be so lucky. Some say Luck is when opportunity meets preparation…is this an opportunity for me?Am I prepared? At least the medical system here is prepared for me and for this I feel Lucky. I suppose in some ways I do see this as an opportunity, an opportunity to see more, to feel more, to sense more to be moved more and to hopefully help others to be motivated to do the same. Perhaps to help others reflect on all that they have to be thankful for. My senses are magnified, chemo literally makes your sense of taste and smell more intense, but I believe I also see more, hear more and the things of life seem more tangible somehow.

No comments: