Saturday, August 25, 2007

Not as strong as I look either

I have to say, I’m growing quite tired of hearing how strong I am! I feel very weak, exhausted, spent and desiring nap time, most of the time; even on my good days. I can pull myself together and put on my face and present myself to the world, not because I’m deceiving anyone, but because it does help to make me feel better. It’s my way of making sure I know, and those that are around me daily, that I don’t look like death warmed-over, all of the time, just some of the time. It’s a reminder to cancer that it only gets me for part of the time, not full-time. I realize that this cancer is strengthening my character and in turn, I’m becoming stronger emotionally, mentally and spiritually, even when it makes my physical body so weak. Am I strong? If I am it’s not just me, it’s those that I have around me, my husband (who’s changed more diapers than any man I know, my vibrant girls (who have filled those diapers for their Daddy my family (especially my Mom who comes by to help out a couple times a week) and my friends (of whom I have more than I ever knew). But most of all I know and believe my strength comes from the Lord. I don’t know where I would be with out my faith in all of this. To be honest , I’d be a mess without it. I don’t know how others get through tough and trying times without faith and prayer. I’d be lost without it. Thank God for it. I wouldn’t want to live without it. Faith.

PS. I’m writing this as 2:45am, I’m having trouble sleeping again, could use some prayers for that. Thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Feather, you are in our prayers. I think of you often and speak of your strength to others a lot. You are amazing and I'm honoured to know you and call you my friend. The Lord has you cradled in His hands and He looks over you with great delight. We love you.
Naomi

Anonymous said...

You were always able to be strong when you felt weak. God is a good God and He is our strength in all things. I know you are growing immensely and I see it now, but what a beauty you will be in Christ when this is all done. THink of all that God is doing. That is the strength we can count on. Love you lots and wish I could be there.