Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We have two things in common.

Everyone in this world has at least two things in common…we are all doing to die and none of us knows when. There were some horrific, sudden, tragic accidents this past weekend that ended the lives of several people in my local area. My heart aches for them and their families, not having any chance to prepare or say good-bye. I find myself almost daily preparing to die, and I wonder if I’m being pessimistic, but I don’t believe so. I see myself as being very optimistic, while being a realist. Does that mean I think I’m going to die? While obviously at some point, we all will, but it certainly doesn’t stop me from truly living!! I feel more alive than ever before, I see things I know I would have otherwise missed before. I find gifts in so many things so many times a day. I have more joy, more excitement and more love than ever before. But that doesn’t stop me from thinking about what I would do for my girls if I was dying; so that they would always remember me and so that they would always feel like they knew me. I plan on what it is that I can do that so I can still contribute to their lives, even after I’m gone.
But having said that… I equally see myself walking them to school, seeing them in their school plays, Chris and I having to add on to the house to accommodate all their friends when they are teenagers, seeing them move out on their own, on their wedding days and seeing our grandchildren. I plan on all of that.
Today my plan is to drive to Kamloops with my husband where we are going to see my favorite band from when I was a teenager, INXS!! We got front row seats and we are going to dance our faces off, at least I will be! ( I’ll be taping my feet to try and avoid getting blisters, even though I will no matter what I do, oh well) There is fun to be had and I’m going to have it!!!

No comments: