Thursday, August 30, 2007

Danced my "hair" off!

I had the best time at the INXS concert! I danced like no one was watching and I rocked my face off, or for those around me, I rocked my hair off!!! I went bald. I’m feeling much more comfortable with my baldness, especially in public. Perhaps it’s because with these new chemo drugs, they really make your hair fall out even more, and with it go my eyelashes and eye brows. I’ve got very little of either left. I’ve gotten pretty good at putting on the fake ones, and I got a special eyebrow kits with stencils to draw on my eyebrows, and powder that doesn’t smudge, it’s much better than brow pencil. I got it given to me by a local company called www.eyebrowz.com , they are old friends of mine, thanks Nancy and Doug, my new eyebrows look great!
My hair would try and grow a little bit in between my old chemo’s, but with my new chemo drugs it really falls out and you get the shiny bald head, instead of a little stubble like I had before. I have to say, I’m liking this new smoother look, then old scalp felt like sand paper. I think the public will be seeing more and more of my head. Having a shiny head, no brows and no eyelashes will be a new look for me, though I’ll usually put my coverings on. With the bloating and darkness under my eyes getting darker, I do look sicker and sicker all the time. Sometimes I catch a look at myself in the mirror and I don’t recognize myself. Thank goodness for make-up, especially the great new Arbonne stuff I now sell. If you are interested in some of these great Arbonne products, just click to the link on this page.
When I danced to the rock music I loved so much when I was so much younger, I felt free. As my body moved to the music, I didn’t fell sick at all! I felt like the old me. The only problem was that I couldn’t dance the entire concert like I could last year. But I got up and shook it to my favorite songs!! I love to dance, I need to dance more. That’s what I’m going to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*smiles broadly whole throwing her head back in laughter*
Love ya!
-Tracy R

Anonymous said...

not "whole" , but instead "while"

Andreas said...

Dear Feather,
i can't believe my eyes when i've read the mail from Chris with the invitation to the Benefits Concert and realized, that the reason for this concert is your 2nd breast cancer diagnosis. This lay heavy on my heart!!! 6 years ago, after you left Berlin and i get my cancer diagnosis you've been such a very important support for me. I do very often think about that. I will ask my church on sunday to pray for you. And i will do it too!! Please keep in touch. God bless you.
Andreas