Thursday, February 21, 2008

Vegas High, Cancer Low.

I came off a wonderful trip to Las Vegas with Kobie, just to be thrown back into the reality of my situation. Believe it or not I had a very relaxing time in Vegas, lots of sleep, naps and resting by the pool. Amazing Cirque de Soleil shows, "KA" and The Beatles "Love", some walks to eat,shop and lose $2 at the nickel poker machine (for a few hours of entertainment) Kobie would sit and rest with me when I needed to and was always up for nap time. I do believe it was exactly what the Doctor ordered. When I would stagger from my dizziness, I fit in with all the others who'd had to much to drink.I couldn't believe how many compliments I got about my hair, I felt "Hoity-Toity" (sp?) saying that I was travelling with my hair dresser:)
Since we arrived on Valentine's, my very romantic husband had chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room, I do believe they were the best I've ever had.
Now I find myself staying at the Candaian Cancer Society Lodge, staying for a couple for nights. I felt well enough to drive myself in for all of my appointments on Wednesday, but not well enough to drive home. Thankfully they could accommidate me at the last minute here, it's much nicer than I imagined and for onlly $38 a night I get three meals a day and snacks. There's a nurse always available and I've made some new friends. Though I'm the youngest here by far, I feel I fit in. They have internet, TV lounges, relaxation room (where I think I'll read before sleep) I had to buy some neccessities since I drove out not intenting to stay, but the store that had three items of clothing for $20 came in handy a block away, plus I'm sure I'm the only one here with "Finding Nemo" toothpaste (the girls will think I got them a gift:)
I have a brain MRI tomorrow at the cancer agency, hopefully all they find is my brain:)
I'm off to sleep and relax, Those are my orders!

3 comments:

Flo said...

Feather,
Praying that you can relax where you are, that you have a restful sleep and that the MRI is completely clear. It sounds like you have an amazing medical team that surrounds you and we'll continue to pray for them as they determine what is causing this dizziness.
Blessings,
Flo and Bruce

Anonymous said...

Hello Feather, you don't know me but Beth is a dear friend (and colleague) of mine and she has been keeping me posted on how you are getting on. I just wanted to say that you, Chris and the girls are often in my thoughts and I just wanted to say hello. God Bless you, I think you are an incredibly lady. With love and hugs, Helen (London) xx

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you during your tests, I hope everything comes back AOK and the find out the cause of all the dizziness.

Glad you had a good time in Vegas.

Pauline