Saturday, November 24, 2007

My body is a battlefield!

I’ve realized that my body is battlefield! The enemy is cancer cells and we are working a 5 pronged approach to eradicate this foe. First we located it, then we cut it out with surgery and then we poisoned it; Not once but 8 times, with two different kinds of chemo treatment. Then we started a year long starvation strategy with herceptin and in 10 days we intend to burn away any remaining cells with radiation treatment. I don’t think this enemy has a chance! Usually I’m a pacifist, a peacmaker/flowerchild but now I’m ready for war. You may think that by now I’d be tired of fighting, but to be honest I know that the fight must remain in me for awhile yet. I won’t be giving up anytime soon!
I’m feeling much better after recovering from the stomach virus that debilitated me earlier this week. We’ve all recovered…Chris got it as well. Now we can focus on packing and getting ready for our move next Saturday. We are looking forward to the new season of our lives in our new home.

No comments: