Thursday, November 29, 2007

Strong hearted!!

I went to the Vancouver Cancer clinic for my IV Herceptin treatment, that I still recieve every three weeks until next August. They told me the results of my Mugga, heart muscle test. I have to get a nuclear medicine heart muscle test done every three months that I'm on the herceptin treatment, as it tends to weaken the heart muscle. The last test was done in August before I even started the treatment. I was thrilled to hear that not only has the treatment not weakened my heart but that my heart was one point stronger!!! I was a 64 in August and a 65 now!! I think it's because I didn't work-out at all from April-August because of surgery and chemo. Now in the last three weeks I'Ve been able to exercise again, lots of walking. So I'm even more fit now!! It's very encouraging!! I feel like my body isn't completely failing me, that my body is in fact strong and able to fight this cancer off totally.

1 comment:

Flo said...

That's awesome news Feather! Very encouraging!!! PTL !