Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not fun at all!

Now that wasn't any fun at all! I had my radiation planning appointment today and had to lie perfectly still for a long period of time, while they formed a mold around my right arm up over my head and my chin off to the left. About a quarter of a way through my arm was completely asleep, but still of course able to feel absolute discomfort. Self pity set in as I considered crying and realized I had to stay that way or they would have to start all over again. I felt like I was in a modern day torture chamber as my arm ached more and more. I rarely feel sorry for myself, but I did today for about 20-25 minutes. I finally begged my nurse, how much longer, and she said 5 minutes. Then she came and gently massaged the life back into my right arm. I dare say it was the best massage I've ever had! Relieved, I realized it was probably the most uncomfortable I've been through this entire ordeal,and I just didn't expect it. The three small, black, tattoos seemed like a peice of cake, after that! I'm glad it's over and that Lord willing I'll never have to do that again!!
Perhaps the discomfort was so great because it wasn't forseeable and it wasn't an actual cancer fighting agent. It's easier to handle the pain when I know the cancer is being beating as a result. Anyway, I'm fine now and heading to bed for a nap.
My first radiation treatment has been confirmed for Wed. Dec 5th.

No comments: