Saturday, November 10, 2007

Who knew a walk could feel so good!

After 6 months of chemotherapy, today was actually my first official day off of treatment. As yesterday would have been another treatment, today is 22 days since my last one! I really do feel free from it. I felt normal all day today. I had a good nights sleep for the first time in a long time, and I woke up feeling good and rested. I felt ready to return to life as normal and what better way for me to do that, then to go for a nice long walk! So the girls, Lizzy and her daughter Leah, and Carmelle and Cadence and I headed off to the Theatre to see the Bee Movie. We walked about 45 minutes there and back, and I felt fine! It was very empowering and invigorating; it was like getting back on my favourite horse. I look forward to many long walks and work-outs on the treadmill. It’s so great to know that I can do it without foot blisters, shortness of breath, dizziness, muscles aches and joint pain.
Last night I went for a clothes fitting, as I’ll be modeling in a fashion show at Ladies conference in Richmond. When I was asked to model, I said, “If you need a plus sized, bald girl without real breasts…then I’m your girl!” If someone had told me that I’d be modeling at a size 16, and bald, I would have never believed them. But I will be in two weeks. I do intend to be a size 15 by then; with lots of walking and good eating It’s all about how you walk into a room and through it, that makes you a good model, not what size you are. I’m looking forward to the opportunity.

No comments: