Thursday, November 22, 2007

Now I really feel sick!!

A nasty stomach virus has struck my family. First Carmelle with violent vomitting etc for 24 hours. The "etc" kept her on the toilet with the puke bucket. She was such a trooper, she would look up at me with her big eyes and state, "Mommy, I don't like being sick." I wore a medical mask while comforting and caring for her, while washing my hands every few minutes, but that bugger virus got through! The same hour Carmelle runs to me, "Mommy I'm all better.", Cadence throws up. I help clean that up and thinnk that the smell is turning my stomach, but that was it, I was down for 24 hours. Cadence and I sat on the couch both holding our puke buckets. I didn't keep anything down for about 18 hours. I was starting to get concerned that I may end up in the hospital, with this hitting me so soon after Chemo. But by 3am this morning the vomitting stopped and I was able to keep water down. I'm tired, weak and exhausted now, I'm heading off to a nap. Thank Godness for Lizzy being here to watch the girls. She's not feeling great either but it looks like she got the least of it. Chris started with a really bad headache yesterday, which I think is how mine started two days before. I hope and pray that Chris doesn't get sick like we did. We really can't afford for him to miss work right now. He already missed some time last night by taking Carmelle to see "Princesses on Ice". I was suppose to go with her, but the sickness kept me in bed. She had a blast and Chris enjoyed it simply because she did. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more than him, but he was a good sport:)
I told her I'd take her to see the movie "Enchanted", just the two of us, to make it up to her. She dressed up as a Princess for the show last night, I think we'll do the same to go and see the movie:) Perhaps I'll dress up as well, adn we'll go as Princesses together! Now I'm going to play sleeping beauty and nod off to never-never land for a bit. I hope and pray I awake feeling normal.
Wait I think I feel a "pea" in my bed!!
We all need to feel like royaly in someway!!

No comments: