Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas is a Comin' !!

It hit me all of a sudden that Christmas was less than two weeks away!! This put a fire under my butt to get it looking like Christmas around my home, even if it ment setting up around the boxes. Christmas is a comin' wheather I'm ready or not! I'd hoped to be completely unpacked and set up before decorating for Christmas, but I realized this just isn't going to happen, and that's okay! So out came the Christmas decorations and up they went. Chris took Carmelle to get a tree, and he siad she made it perfect when she started to sing "Jingle Bells" in the van on the way to get the tree. We will have a perfect Christmas even if everything isn't just the way we'd like it. We will experience the miracle of Christmas, even as we battle cancer.
Some how I managed to write many Christmas cards and got them sent. I've also got a basket of cards ready to deliver to our new neighbours, to introduce ourselves. Carmelle and I plan to do this together this afternoon. I've discovered that there are not one but three teenage girls living next door, yeah, babysitters!! Our new house is the best Christmas gift ever!! We love our home, studio and neighbourhood.
We feel so blessed! I was reflecting on six years ago when I was turning 30 and feeling sorry for myself because I was the only one of my friends that didn't own our own home or have children. Now I have all I could have dreamt of, two beautiful girls, an amazing home, a great studio(business)...but I don't have my health!?!? I do however feel great considering everything my body has been through, I'm grateful for that. I also realize that 8 months ago when I was diagnosed my biggest prayer was, please Lord please don't let us lose our house. Little did I know that he had something much greater in store. He knew we'd get this house and studio, more than we could imagine, but all part of His plan.

Experiencing the Miracle of Christmas,

Feather and Family

1 comment:

Kerry said...

We wish you a very blessed Christmas!!!