Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Christmas Wish:“I want a Boy-Toy!”

This was not something we thought we’d hear from our 4 year old daughter quite yet! I had the girls playing at McDonald’s Playplace for some much needed exercise, when the Stawberry Short cake doll that came with the Happy meal, just wasn’t going to satisfy my child. She stood up on her chair and proclaimed, “I WANT A BOY-TOY!!” I scolded her, while stifling my laughter, and I stated, “I know Carmelle, Mommy’s already got her Boy-Toy.” (As I turn 36 in just over a week and Chris is still only 30!) Parent’s around me smirked as Carmelle calmly pleaded for a Boy-Toy (a transformer type robot) I explained that she needed to ask nicely and then I’d consider switching the toys. So I did. When she got the new toy, she gleefully opened the package, looked at it and said, “That’s it? That’s all it does? I want a Boy-Toy that does something!!” By now Auntie Lizzy and I were in stitches and others were entertained around us. As we tucked Carmelle into bed with her new toy, her last statement of the night was, “I don’t want my Boy-Toy anymore, I’m finished with it.” Ah yes…The life span of the average Boy-toy…alas…I have an exceptional Boy-Toy who will last a life time!

No comments: