Monday, December 10, 2007

Not the kinda "Sun" I was hoping for.

So after only 4 radiaton treatments the entire right side of my chest, and right side of my back, look and feel like they've had a bit to much sun. When a shirt rubs it feels sensitive, like I have a mild sunburn. Sometimes some parts feel a bit itchy, but when I scratch it stings. I lotion generously twice a day, in hopes of delaying the sides effects, like a serious sunburn. It will come eventually no matter what I do, but I feel that the better I care for my skin the better it will feel. My situation of course is a little unique as the skin is thin and has much more scar tissue, which is more suseptable, due to the infection I had and the wound that took 6 weeks to heal closed, back in May. It also doesn't feel so good when the girls bump me or even give to tight of a hug. It's a good thing I don't need a bra, bacause that would be super uncomfortable for sure.So I'm a little nervous about how sore it will get; I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: