Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Having Fun?!?!

As I headed out the door today for my 5th radiaiton treatment, my husband said, "Good-bye, I love you, Have Fun." I responded, "I'll have as much fun as I can while being radiated!" I think he half forgot where I was going. He says he was just trying to be funny! Though I do try to make the most of my outings. I try to run an errand, purchase a drink/snack or make it a social event by bringing a friend. So far I don't dread them, especially now that they go more quickly and aren't so uncomfortable. I get zapped 6 times, from 4 different angles for a total of about 45 seconds. The whole procedure from beginning to end is about 15 minutes with set up etc. So from when I arrive in the parking lot until I head out is about 30 minutes; Relatively painless. Am I having fun?!?! Not exactly, but I do try to make the best of it. I kind of view it as a part-time job for 6 weeks. I get more and more sore each day, which causes me some concern, but I'll just keep taking it one day at a time.

No comments: