Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year 2008! We've been so busy with moving, packing, cancer treatment and Christmas that we haven't thought at all about what to do for New Year's, also my birthday is 3 days later on January 3rd. All I can think about, otehr than getting myself to my appointments at the cancer clinic is getting our home organized. Thankfully as of today I'm half done my radiation treatments. It feels good to be half done. Though the radiation site gets more red and irritated with every treatment. Mostly it's the itchiness that bothers me the most. There is some discomfort, but it's the itchiness that keeps me awake at night. I have cortizone steriod cream to use, but I try to use it as little as possible.It's both my right chest and back right shoulder area that are effected, about a foot square. It doesn't look so great either, any V neck shirts now expose the "rash", but covering it irriates it more, so I mostly let it show. I'm more concerned about my comfort and less concerned about making others feel comfortable by not having to look at it.
We had a great Christmas with our girls and family. Chris's brother Colin stayed with us for a few days and we had company all three nights, Christmas Eve, Christmas night and Boxing Day. Chris did all the cooking and I just did some baking. We enjoyed hosting in our new house. We still get to have Christmas with my Dad tomorrow, the girls are looking forward to stretching out the Christmas celebration.
So much fun!

1 comment:

L&D said...

yay for half way! Way to go girl. Totally rooting for ya here.

Happy New Year.

May you be blessed in 2008 cancer free!!!!