Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Our “Home Sweet Home” isn’t so “sweet” yet, though it is starting to feel like home. We have beds to sleep in, the kitchen basically functioning and some boxes unpacked. There is so much more to do, it’s very overwhelming. The move it’s self, I’ll try to forget. Many things went wrong and could have gone more smoothly, but do any moves go as well as you’d like?!?! I guess not. Moving an entire family and household is incredibly stressful, we plan to never do it again! We are grateful for all the help we had from the Trinity student volunteers, our family members and Mark and Rachel Thiesen. My cousin Chandra and her husband Willie came down from Dawson Creek and helped us unpack for two days. Lizzy has been a huge help as usual and she’s all moved into our basement.
The snow on moving day made us especially cold and grumpy. Last time we moved it was in August and the hottest day of the year, I don’t which is worse…the bone chilling cold or the feverish heat?!?
It’s hard for me to see the end in sight; Us being settled and actually being able to decorate for Christmas. The thought of all of this and getting Christmas shopping and cards sent, gives me a rush of anxiety. I’ve decided that if none if it gets done, it’ll be okay; Especially since I start radiation therapy tomorrow, every day for 6 weeks. That will be a big part of my holiday season, though I don’t want it to be all I remember about this Christmas. I’d really like for things to be as normal as possible.
I think I’m even blog writing to avoid unpacking. As much as I want it to get done, I find it very overwhelming. Right now I’m just tired and all I want is a nap. The girls haven’t been feeling great and were up a lot in the night. Chris is working long days this week and doesn’t have much time or energy to do much more right now. Thankfully he has a few weeks off over Christmas and will have time to set up the studio; that will be like full-time work for him for a few weeks.
Please pray that I have the energy, time and focus to get everything done before the week of Christmas.

No comments: