Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm Still managing to have a social life!

As I was driving to Surrey on Thursday for my Radiaiton treatment, I was called and informed that my radiaiton machine broke down. I was in it just the day before, I wonder when it started malfunctioning?!?! So my appointment was cancelled and they assured me that it wouldn't interfere with my treatment, thought my oncologist had mentioned that the more treatments I miss the more they will tack on in the end. Thankfully this day I was heading to Tania's place in Surrey to drop off my kid's with her, to watch while I went to treatment. So instead I stayed at her place a good part of the day and enjoyed a nice lunch and long visit. It ended up working out very well. Most Thursdays now I'll be bringing the girls to Tania's while I go for treatment, the girls get a playdate and I get to visit with my friend of 25 years.
Since that machine is difficult to mix my Friday radiation appointment got bumped to 5:24pm, the traffic was terrible, but I made the best of it again by meeting my friend Maria for a movie at the Guildford theatre, instead of driving home in rush hour.Monday my appointment is at 5:24 again, but we'll go directly to my Christmas staff party at abc restaurant. I feel so touched that even though I haven't been able to work since April, they still consider me a part of the staff. Chris and I are looking forward to a great meal and a night out!

No comments: