Tuesday, January 15, 2008

News of the Day (from Chris)

feather will be spending another night in the hospital, as there is still no indication as to what is wrong with her. There was not a lot done today (besides the search party that was dispatched to find her missing gallbladder... we're fairly certain that it's somewhere on the black market in Asia).

She was supposed to have a scope done (down her esophageal tract and into the stomach) to try and find that cause of this pain, but when they showed up to pick her up from her bed, she had already been picked up by the ambulance to go to radiation. Evidently the phones between departments were on the fritz today. I'm under the impression that a technician has been called. The unfortunate thing was that she was ordered not to have any food for the test this morning... and the test never came, and her food orders never changed. So again they brought her clear liquids for dinner. If you've ever had hospital food, the REGULAR food is pretty close to clear liquids, so this really was thin rations. By permission of her doctor I brought her in some food tonight. She ate readily, but felt sick after eating, so it's a bit of a catch 22. I hope she's not in more pain or discomfort tonight for eating.

I took the girls to see her tonight and they were very happy to spend time with her after what I think is now 2 full days apart. Cadence ate half of Feather's frosty I had brought her before I knew what she was up to. Sneaky kid.

So the test will now be tomorrow after she returns from radiation. Her skin is also not doing very well at all. Thank goodness for painkillers, or she'd be a lot more miserable than she already is.

So please continue to pray that they find the solution to her pain issue, and that it's a simple (non-life threatening) condition to remedy. Pray that she finds comfort in her hospital room, and that she is not too lonely. (I cannot be there as much as I want, because I still have a lot of work, as well as kids on my plate of responsibility.) Pray that all the schedules work together tomorrow so that she can hopefully do all the tests needed and then get out of the hospital if the doctor deems it safe.
Oh, and also that the search team finds her gallbladder safe and sound before it's transplanted into some wealthy person in need of that particular organ.

Thanks again to all for continuing to care so much about Feather... it means so much.

Chris

PS... Most of you who know me will know which parts above are meant in sarcasm, and recognize that I still use humor as a pretty good coping mechanism. For those who are offended by my humor, I have an alternate "safe" site here: http://www.disney.com
:)

4 comments:

Lee said...

I love the humour, I think its a great coping mechanism. If theres anything that you need, just ask.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Chris for keeping us updated on Feather's Progress. We are always thinking of you all and Feather hope that you are home real soon! Lots of Love Auntie Wendy, Uncle Tom and Family

Kerry said...

Thank you for the updates. We are praying for Feather and your whole family.

The Wagners said...

Hey Chris,
you're getting pretty good at this blog thing! :) Miss you guys, and we haven't stopped praying. Give Feather our Love, and I'll keep my eye out for a slightly used gallbladder on craigslist. ;P

Much love,
Amanda and Forrest