Monday, January 21, 2008

This is my prayer!

Yes, I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exhalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body this will mean fruitful labour for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far, But it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my living with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.

This passage is found in the Bible in Philipians 1:18b-26

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on all the recent news on your blog... wow, what an eventful month its been for you! I am amazed at your perseverance, you are an amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

Feather, glad to hear you are feeling much better! We are still praying for you and your family!

Nicole (Morris) Huband

Tania said...

although you may not be able to see straight it's good to see that your mind is still clear! your example during times of trouble is a testimony to your love for Christ.