Sunday, January 27, 2008

One more thing!

I'd just like to add...that if it isn't already clear...enduring a life threatening illness like cancer has got to be one of the most humbling experiences that anyone could face or endure. The amount of weakness that one encounters even on an hourly basis is often debilitating and heart breaking. To have someone see you as courageous through all of this, is the greatest compliment and encouragement. As I know it is not my strength, but the stregnth of my Heavenly Father that sees me through. It is not with pride that I humbly request nominations for the "Courage to come back awards", I've already been nominated without any suggestion on my part; it is with a fighting spirit to survive. As I fight each and every day this battle against cancer, that seeks to destroy my body, it escapes me why I must also fight off hurtful comments from others. I have written this with tears running down my face and my heart aching, perhaps someone might think twice before writing off a quick comment into my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!! Can you imagine how God could use your win for his Kingdom!!! Cause its been God that has been subtaining you throughout this process and its Him that's getting all the praise here. Your win could reach so many more unbelievers as they see something different in you. So please dissregard hurtful comments and smile cause you have a HUGE fanclub. I thank God that He is using you and working through you. We love you Feather!

Keri's Collage... said...

Feather,
I don't know you personally. I have seen you a few times in passing, read articles about you in newspapers and magazines, and have followed your blog. You, of all people, do not have to defend yourself. You are a strong woman who not only fights for yourself, but continues to fight for other women like me and our daughters, and our daughters daughters. So hold your head high, and greatfully accept those nominations! You deserve them!
Back in September when I was waiting for the results of my lump (which ended up being benign) I thought about you constantly. You were (and still are)my inspiration. I told myself over and over, "if Feather can do this, so can I". You have been an inspiration to so many, and one person can not take that away from you. Keep on fighting, keep on smiling!
Sending hugs your way,
Keri

Anonymous said...

Feather,

you don't know me but I, too, have been following your blog for a while. I must say that I love that you are willing to share this journey with us. Reading your daily battles is always encouraging.

I have not personally battled cancer but we all have battles that we are fighting... and the fact that you have been soo willing to share your battle with cancer & your journey with God has encouraged many hearts... and blessed many of my days! :o)

My prayer for you is that God would "wash" that comment off of you and continue to give you courage to continue to walk this battle before Him & others so openly.

Feather... you are an inspiration to many!!

Anonymous said...

Good on you Feather. Tell is how is it.

Uncle W.