Monday, July 14, 2008

Aurevior?Bondjour?

I'm gunna hav' ta brush up on my french, as I'm heading to Montreal, Quebec on Wed morning. I'm going to the "Real Time Cancer" retreat, with two other young ladies from my support group.It is an all expenses paid trip, which included some fundraising, so thank-you to those of you who donated for this trip. We have 4 nights/5 days at an incredible resort, and the event is geared towards cancer patients ages 18-35. (I just sqeaked in at 36 because I was diagnosed twice in the age spread.) I sure feel young in my heart and mind, though there are times when my body is so weak and I feel old. My plan for this trip is to find as much meanful time to just be still and rest. I intend to come home restored and renewed and ready for whatever lays ahead. I believe it's times like these that bring us home to be better wives, mothers, women... and survivors.

Doing what I have to, to thrive and survive,

Feather

No comments: