Friday, July 11, 2008

Coke...adds life!

It's true. I would have never imagined it, but has become an incredibly useful aid for releaving me of my nausea. I have suffered with nausea my entire life, from motion sickness, but never like this year with chemotherapy, cancer treatment. I figured Gingerale would work, but it didn't do much, not like Coke Classic. Coke Classic has not been a prefered beverage choice in my life, until now. I don't have to drink much, in fact I have a couple ounces when I eat, even at breakfast time, and I don't feel the nausea or end up vomitting. I think it's the combination of the slight tartness, sugar and caffine. A nurse told me to try it, after she had been to a workshop with an oncologist, specializing in cancer treatment. I figured I rather drink some coke each day than take all the anti-nausea drugs I've been on for so long. Coke is cheaper,tastes much better and from what I can tell works. The sugar and caffine gives me a little more energy, which doesn't hurt. Though for me I can't take it at night or I don't sleep. As a very nausated cancer patient, who's rapidly losing weight and can't tolerate eating very much, the calories I get from some Coke Classic, do no harm. I'm a new found Coke Classic fan and I'm off to the store to buy more!
Enjoy Coke, I am!!

Feather Janz
www.featherjanz.com

2 comments:

Karen said...

If the Coke is working for you but not at night you should try the caffiene free. Maybe that would work for you as well. It's worth a shot if it gets you through.

Karen Hibak

Flo said...

Yeah, you're home, you still have your sense of humour and you have Coke! Praying for great days ahead for you, Chris and the girls.