Tuesday, July 22, 2008

“Firestarter”

I feel privileged to have spent five days with such incredible people who helped me find myself again and help to establish who I am now. I wasn’t there as Chris’s wife, or Carmelle and Cadence’s Mommy,or as Mrs. Janz, I was there as Feather.My responsibility was to myself and my wellness, emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally and socially. Who I am as a breast cancer survivor wasn’t even the focus much of the time. I felt myself focusing on who I am as a woman, as a human being and on being human. I was given the opportunity and tools to define my “new normal”. Which now includes expert smore maker and firestarter.
I just wanted to make my friends smores…to be continued.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time in Quebec - although the 'firestarter' thing sounds a bit dangerous. So happy to hear that you're feeling your best. I'll be thinking of you today with your many ongoing medical tests - hopefully things will go well.