Monday, July 7, 2008

Home sweet Home

I am now home after a week in the hospital. I was only home two days when I went to the hospital. We enjoyed a wonderful vacation, I was able to muster up a lot of energy for the trip. Coming home to lousy test results on our tenth wedding anniversary, wasn't my idea of a good time. Not to mention my body was rebelling, for what ever reason. The vomitting and diherhea caused my electrelites become imbalanced and I got exteremly low on potassium. That's why I was in the hospital for so long, I had to get my potassium levels up to normal again through IV treatment. I was also having sereve migraines, the worst of my life. I wouldn't be surprised if they were stress related, I've definately had stress. My nurses worked hard to find a treatment regiment that was narcotic free and fairly easy for me to administer at home. I was very happy with my care in the hospital, and thankful to my nurses and Dr's. Thank-you Dr. Newton.
We are happy to have Chris's Dad visiting from England. The girls love every minute they have with him, and Chris and his Dad are so close.
I'm sure I've lost a few pounds and I feel very weak. I look forward to growing stronger and stronger each and every day! God Bless you and thank you all so much for your prayers, support and love. I'm going to get some pj's on, get in my own bed and have a bowl of ice cream.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news! So glad to hear you're out of the hospital and doing better. It's so wonderful that Chris can spend some time with his dad. Things are looking up. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

ROSALIE said...

This is wonderful news!! I'm so glad you're home. How nice that Paul is there. He's one of my favorite cousins. Give him my love, please!

I will send out a mass email to the family. :)