Saturday, July 26, 2008

The first "normal" day of the rest of my life...

The day started off well. We had our babysitter come at 8am so we could sleep in. Sleeping in never felt so good, because I was doing it because I wanted to, not because I needed to for the rest.
I called some friends to give them the good news (I'll call some more tonight) we all got ready and went to a family friendly fundraiser for Zajac ranch for kids with terminal illness. We had the babysitter with us, so we could relax and enjoy visiting with people we knew there. It was so nice to be able to share our good news!
The babysitter, Jessyca and I took the girls to the park, and I got to share with a conplete stranger mom, Sara, my good news. She was very encouraged and thanked me for sharing with her.
There were points today that I just wanted to shout it from a mountian top...but as I walked around the park and got winded, my body reminded me that my lung is in rough shape from the radiation and that I can't quite do all that I'd like yet.
I was so grateful to have Jessyca with me as we took the girls to a birthday party in the park and she had to keep running after them when they'd get to far away; usually running after a new puppy they saw. I certianly couldn't be doing any running yet.
I feel like running, but there's a vast divide still between what my heart wants to do and what my body is capable of doing. That's okay with me... I CAN LIVE WITH THAT!!!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Feather,

We've never met, but I feel like I 'know' you. My mom heard you speak at a women's conference years ago, after your first bout of cancer. Also, we are friends with Pete & Esther G., who I believe Chris knows through work.

I just wanted say that I've been reading your blog and praying for you, Chris and your girls regularly over the past few months.

I am SO happy to hear your AMAZING news!! I hope and pray you continue to feel better and get your energy back!

Holly

Holly said...

Feather,

You don't know me, but I feel like I "know" you! My mom heard you speak at a women's conference years ago, after your first bout of cancer. She told me at the time what an inspiration you were. We are also friends with Peter G., who I think Chris knows through his work.

Anyways, I just wanted you to know I have been reading your blog and praying for you regularly over the past few months.

I am SO happy to hear of your AMAZING news!! I hope and pray you will continue to heal and get your energy back!

Just wanted you to know who one of your anonymus fans are :)

Holly

L&D said...

Praise God for amazing news. Cheering with you, my friend. I am so excited for your new lease on life.