Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hitting the ground running...

I'm in the process unwinding from a very busy day. It was my choice to go out beyond just my Dr's appointment. My Mom's famous last words to, "Now take it easy and don't push yourself." So what did I do, cleaned the master bathroom, got bathed and preped to go out, Went to Costco shopping (by-myself)Chris drove me but had to drop me off for an appointment he had to keep. I wanted to get some stuff done, it helps me feel alive. I also got all the pictures selected and developed that i want to put in our Disneyland Scrapbook. Lisa I have the discs of the trip pictures ready for you, A BIG Thank-you again for Lisa "adrianne" Witt (Wiebe) who came with us on our vacation and helped us out more than could be imagined. We were so happy tohave you there and thanks for grinning and baring through the difficult times (like having to change plans all the time because I wasn't feeling well). When I got home I managed to put almost all of the groceries away,(lots), organize Disneyland photos for the scrapbook, tidy up, and all opf this with me now switched to all oral meds and no more IV medications!! The Dr gave me a great set of non-narcotic meds for my migraines, Torodal and Imitrex. I've had waves of nausea, but no vomitting, I have a nagging cough I'm concerned about.
The Dr's don't seem overly concerned with the discivery in my right lung, it appreas to be another glitch in our "Universal" Health care system. When you pay for private tests, the provincial system doen't recognize them. Though my oncologist, not seeming to argree with the findings, seems to want to find it herself. I sure hope it's not human pride standing in my way. She has now however ordered at high-resolution CT at the Van BC Cancer Agency. I don't expect to get this test anytime soon, perhaps 3-4 weeks. But of course I'll see what I can do to get it sooner. Unfortuanetly the weaker I get the less fight I have in me. It saddens me tothink of how many laid back people, of one I am not, slip through the cracks of our system. Even when you have the money to pay, or opportunity to get such tests.

Refusing to slip,

Feather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a busy day you had. Sounds like you're doing so much better! That's so great to hear after all that you've been through lately.
Hard to believe that the doctor won't believe the results of the other (Private) medical tests. That seems like the craziest thing I've ever heard of - and I've worked in healthcare for over 10 years now - so you'd think I'd be immune to almost anything. I wonder what the reasoning is?
If nothing else, it should at least get you a fast-forward into more testing - as there is a strong suspicion that something is there. You're sure right about people falling through the cracks. You have to be your own advocate for your health. No one else knows your body better than you do... so don't let doctors tell you nothing is wrong when you know something funny is happening. I guess you know that better than most people Feather!
All the best. My prayers go out for you all.